When it comes to fixing a leaking pipe, or a clogged toilet, you want to get the work done as soon as possible. This is not the time to attempt DIY repairs, especially when the water problem can cause damage to your home and belongings. If you are in Calgary, finding residential plumbing companies doesn’t have to be a hard task, thanks to Google. So, how do you choose between different services, when each one is claiming to be the best? We have a guide below that may come in handy.
- A reputed plumbing service should have services in your region in Calgary, and they should be able to offer affordable repair and fixtures for all kinds of plumbing problems. The good news is most plumbing companies have their websites these days, so you can have a fair idea of what they offer, which may also include replacement and installation of water heaters.
- Emergency assistance. Find a plumbing company that has 24×7 hour assistance and a hotline number, where you can connect with them. This is particularly important because you don’t want the plumbing concern, such as a burst pipe, a leak, or water logging in the basement to linger for long.
- While price and quotes shouldn’t be your first reason to select a plumbing service, but it is still an important factor. Make sure that you check the company’s policies with regards to estimate. Their plumbers should see the work involved first before taking the next step of offering a quote for the job.
- The basics. Is the plumbing service licensed and insured? Do they have all the necessary permissions to work in the local areas of Calgary? Do they have an in-house team of local professionals? If yes, are their plumbers insured, trained, and bonded? Do they have a physical office? These are some of the basic questions that are worth asking.
- Response time. For some plumbing jobs, you can afford to wait, but the shortlisted service should be quick to respond. Check if the plumbing company has the necessary manpower and resources to offer same-day services, and if they are any additional charges for that.
- Check reviews and ask for references. If a plumbing company claims to be experienced and among the best-rated ones in Calgary, they must have enough clients. Check what other customers have to say about them on Google and on their website, and if you want to know the service better, you can always ask for references.
Selecting a residential plumbing company is about being assured that all your home needs will be addressed on time. You can always ask relevant questions when it comes to services they offer, or if they can manage with repairs for a product or component for which replacement may be required. The role of a plumbing company is to also guide customers on how they can avoid unwanted breakdowns and common plumbing problems, by seeking repairs and assistance on time.